Sunday, January 9, 2011

Cram

My eyes fall shut,

It’s almost over.

Late at night, or early in the morning

Can’t even tell the difference.

The sun

Peaks through the cracks

Of the high-rise windows.

Staring at me, and waiting for me

To crack too.

Everything stands still.

Moving slower;

My soft pink brain thickens

And expands

To the point of no return.

Explosion!

Oh, that woke me up.

Words are jumbled

Because the little helpers in my head

Have shut the lights

And closed up for the night.

They went home to get some rest

And left me

Here.

To stumble on my thoughts

And, stare at the inkblot shapes

That sort of resemble letters

On the crisp, unopened white pages

Of my fate.

It all rides on tomorrow

But, I can’t bring myself

To care

Anymore.

What was she thinking?

That I could handle this

Tonight?

My pillow feels like

A warm afternoon hug.

Please, just a little longer.

Don’t let go.

I’m tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment