Sunday, January 9, 2011

Luckier Than All

From I to we, from me to us

I exemplify luck in all its glory.

No greater gift than that of your love

Wrapped in a tiny red box and trimmed with gold ribbon

It is my most treasured possession.

When I hold it in my hands,

I can feel your heart’s beauty surrounding me.

Neither finding a lucky penny nor wining the lottery

Could even closely compare to the luck I have encountered when you came into my life.

Even making the winning shot with your eyes closed

Or falling off a bicycle without even a scratch or a scar

Could not compare to being the one that you kiss goodnight.

To have your love makes me the lucky one.

Luckier than any other with homes lined with gold and filled with riches,

Or living in a castle larger than the tallest mountain.

None of that matters; all I need is the comfort of knowing that I have you in my life forever.

To know that my savior, my angel, my soul-mate

Will be by my side and hand me a new gift of love everyday.

Over time this gift will only grow larger,

Until the box is so big that I can no longer hold it in my hands, but instead I will hold them all in my heart.

Luck may seem to some as a beacon of hope for good things to come, that once in a lifetime special chance,

And this is as true as my heart is sure that you are the one,

But I see luck every time I look into your eyes.

I see luck as the fate that brought us together on this day,

I see luck as an opportunity to be truly happy.

And as the one thing in my life that I appreciate the most.

For to have you and your love, makes me the luckiest of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment