Sunday, January 9, 2011

My Internal War

There is a war going on inside of me,

Battles fought,

Won and lost.

Interests colliding and thoughts

Crashing.

Emotions released and

Stomped on.

Feelings in combat against each other,

Confronting my fears.

Shots heard,

Awakening my soul.

Slaughtering my faith

And hiding from the pain.

Confusion eats away my mind,

Hope arising from the ashes of my past.

My heart beating faster and faster,

The war won’t end.

It never ends.

Time passes by and on the outside

Life goes on,

But on the inside

It’s already severely wounded.

My blood runs fast and deep,

But the sensation is numb.

The battle hurts every essence

Of my being.

It hinders my thoughts and

Clouds my head.


It’s war.

War is vicious and doesn’t end

Until there is a victory,

But, what is my victory?

As it continues

My strength

Grows thinner.

I’m getting weaker,

And the war is killing my spirit.

Revitalize me.

Come to me.

I don’t want you to fight my battles,

But, I need you to stand next to me

While I fight them myself.

I can’t do it alone.

That’s one lesson I have learned

From my internal war.

No comments:

Post a Comment