Sunday, January 9, 2011

Twisted Turns

(I wrote this when I used to drive back and forth from Penn State every weekend)


Oh guardian angel,

With your bright glow lighting my way

On the road,

In the mountains,

In the snow,

You slush, slide, slick, smooth, dark, ice, moon.

Oh friend who helps me through

On this dreadful journey,

I thank you.

How do I make it home?

When my emotions are, rushing

And I can’t see through

The glaze.

The reason,

Unbearable.

A fight

To the finish, every time

Back and forth, and back again

Do I have to?

I do it.

Speeding by,

A flash, stream, race of light

He stops me. I beg. I plea.

The scenery is

Exquisite

Peaks and Pitfalls

To Heaven and nightmares

(Take the plunge; dive headfirst)

But, I don’t see it.

Just the road.

_______________Lines of thick,

_______________Yellow paint.

Pandemonium

Don’t fall

(Fall)

Keep going

Through the Sting

That will keep coming back

No comments:

Post a Comment